Since our start in 1997 we carry out projects and activities in joint participation with local partners. We focus on improving education and health in Ethiopia. We help make learning resources available to an increasing number of people.
Some of our achievenments:
- In 2019 Wolaitta Public Library got stone benches in the garden.
- In 2017-2019 we supported the Bio-Diversity training centre for farmers.
- In 2018 a women's club supported the girls dorms of the Liqa School, a school for talents.
- In 2017 our friends helped the Offa School with a Solar Panel and Cementing four Classroom floors.
- In 2017 we supported the Wolaitta Liqa School with furnishing two dormitory blocks for 240 students.
- In 2016 ISOB helped the Wolaitta Public Library with Access to digital sources and other facilities
- Since July 2017 the new "Stichting Dessi" continue the Learning Centre DEDA School under
- In 2014 ISOB handed over the ISE Ethiopia Project to Getachew
- ISOB supported the Educational Health Program carried out by WoDA.
- In 2006 ISOB raised 90% funds for the set-up of the Wolaitta Public Library in Wolaitta Sodo.
- Between 1997 and 2013 we dispatched over 40.000 books to school and University libraries and to Public Libraries.
For detailed information about our achievements you can Read or Download Various Reports
Assisting the Wolaitta Liqa School - since 2007
Since its start in 2007 we support the LIQA Secondary School, "a School for Talents!" with extended facilities such library services, laboratories, the canteen and boarding school provisions.
Since 2010 we run a Sponsorship Program for Liqa school students who are recognized as talented and gifted, but who lack family support and whose talents would otherwise be lost.
Our Projects and Activities focus on:
Capacity building, Education and training - since 1997
ISOB assist Schools and Libraries with Capacity Building and donate learning materials, books and computers.
Through the years we dispatched + 40.000 books to schools, universities and libraries.
We assisted Health education with medical books (Dilla and Wollaita Sodo University) and with medical equipment for referral hospitals.
We help primary and secondary schools to improve school buildings, libraries, sanitation and hygiene.
We assist vocational training among which a Bio-diversity project of WODA.
Our Funders and Supporters
We are supported by different partners, funds, individuals and donors for specific projects and student sponsoring.
Thanks to your gifts, funds, sponsor contributions and voluntary work, we could achieve our goals.