Between our start in 1997 and our closure in 2020 we carried out many projects and activities in joint participation with local partners. Our focus has been on improving education and health in Ethiopia. We helped make learning resources available to an increasing number of people.
Some of our achievenments:
- In 2019 Wolaitta Public Library got stone benches in the garden.
- In 2017-2019 support for the Bio-Diversity training centre for farmers.
- In 2018 support for the girls dorms of the Liqa School, with the Soroptimist women's club
- In 2017 support for a Solar Panel and Cementing four Classroom floors at the Offa School, with friends help.
- In 2017 supporting the Wolaitta Liqa School with furnishing two dormitory blocks for 240 students.
- In 2016 supporting the Wolaitta Public Library with Access to digital sources and other facilities
- Since July 2017 the new "Dessi Tuji Foundation" continue the Learning Centre DEDA School
- In 2014 ISOB handed over the ISE Ethiopia Project to Getachew, board member of Dessi Tuji Foundation
- 2010-15 supporting the Educational Health Program carried out by WoDA.
- In 2006 ISOB raised 90% funds, (the lions share of Wilde Ganzen), for the set-up of the Wolaitta Public Library in Wolaitta Sodo.
- 1998-2014 the ISE Ethiopia Project (Int School Eindhoven CAS program)
- Between 1997 and 2013 dispatch of over 40.000 books to school and University libraries and to Public Libraries.
For detailed information about our achievements you can Read or Download Various Reports
Assisting the Wolaitta Liqa School.
Right from the start in 2007 we supported the LIQA Secondary School, "a School for Talents!" kin various ways. Read the project page: LIQA School Dormitories and student sponsorship.
Projects and Activities on Capacity building, Education and training
- ISOB supported Schools and Libraries with Capacity Building and donated learning materials, books and computers.
- Through the years we dispatched + 40.000 books to schools, universities and libraries.
- We assisted Health education with medical books (Dilla and Wollaita Sodo University) and with medical equipment for referral hospitals.
- We supported primary and secondary schools to improve school buildings, libraries, sanitation and hygiene.
- We supported vocational training among which a Bio-diversity project of WODA.
Funders and Supporters
We have had great support of different partners, funds, individuals and donors for specific projects and student sponsoring.
Thanks to these gifts, funds, sponsor contributions and voluntary work, we could achieve our goals.